Description of Resin Thermal Transfer Ribbon
Resin thermal transfer ribbon is the perfect match when printing with polyester labels in applications involving outdoor use, harsh conditions, or exposure to chemicals.
Our full resin thermal transfer ribbons provide maximum durability, with the highest level of resistance to abrasion, heat, steam, and various chemicals
Benefits of resin ribbon:
● Maximum durability for harsh environment labeling
● Excellent mechanical durability
● Good resistance to typical chemicals
● Very dark black images with exceptional sharpness
● Prints on a wide range of synthetic receivers
● Anti-static formula and backcoat extend printhead life
Recommended substrates for resin ribbon
● Topcoated and print-treated polyester
● Polyimide films
Application of Resin Ribbon
● Food Packing
● Asset Tracking
The Resin ink ribbons are extremely suitable on smooth plastic surfaces. The ink adheres notably to the label material, making the printing scratch-resistant and resistant to chemicals.
The choice of the right ink ribbon depends on the material on which you are printing, the printer you are using and the application. It is important to match the ink to the label material on which you print so that the result of your label meets your requirements.
Images of Resin Thermal Transfer Ribbon
What should you pay attention to while choosing thermal transfer ribbon?
In the case of thermal transfer ribbons, apart from the ink itself, there are also additional layers of the ribbon which constitute the know-how of every manufacturer and have influence on the printing quality and durability.
Structure of thermal transfer ribbon：
● Backcoat – special layer that protects the printhead against abrasion. It ensures the slippage of ribbon under the printhead
● PET film – as a carrier for thermal transfer ribbon
● Primer – facilitates the application of ink onto the polyester carrier and its transfer onto the label during the printing process
● Ink – there are wax, wax/resin and resin inks available
In order to ensure an appropriate quality level, the following three criteria must be met:
1. Label printer that has to ensure the right quality of ink transfer onto the label
2. Raw materials which the labels are made from need to have the right surface layer
3. Thermal transfer ribbon should have ink of appropriate quality in order to ensure the required durability of the printed image for particular application
There are many possible combinations of these three elements, which makes it possible to select the right solution to the needs of every branch with regard to cost and durability. In order to choose the most appropriate one, we thoroughly analyze customer’s needs and their specific requirements. Then, on the basis of our own experience as well as conducted tests, we select the solution that meets the customer’s expectations.