Wax Ribbon And Its Application

Wax Ribbon And Its Application

Jul 08, 2020

Different inks are used for spot coating and flood coating labels, and ribbon manufacturers have developed a wide range of ink formulas and categories for use in tube, vial, slide and plate applications where laboratory labels are exposed to a variety of printing conditions, such as wet, dry, wet and dry. By using a large number of printers and in a variety of applications, from spot and coating labels to flood coating labels, laboratory labels, tubes and ampoules for applying plates, ribbon manufacturers can develop a wide range of inks and formulas for each category. Thermal transfer technology provides you with the best print resistance, as the connection between a well-matched ribbon and its label partner can be far superior to other ink technologies.  


Not only for cost reasons, but also because not all printing requirements, such as the thickness and thickness of the tape, can be met, you can avoid creating a protective film for your laminate.


When you get the strength specifications of your thermal transfer printer completely, you can get stuck in a sea of tapes. Thermal transfer printers melt the coating tape so that it sticks to the material. You need a really durable label, and other technologies just won't do the job, so you have to do it yourself. 


Thermal tapes come in a variety of shapes and sizes, such as wax, polyurethane and even wax - reinforced resin. There are two types of wax ribbon, wax and wax resin, which strengthen the wax. 


A full-fledged wax thermal transfer tape is coated with wax-based ink such as wax, wax resin or even wax polyurethane. 


However, wax is also a soft substance, so the heat dissipation is lower when used as a kind of thermal transfer tape. A complete wax composition requires a lower melting temperature, which results in a lighter pressure. Wax is ideal for the production of labels that need to be used in conditions where the elements are exposed, such as in the sun. 


Wax ribbons are most commonly used as a type of thermal transfer ribbon for the production of labels, e.g. on labels and labels for clothing.