1. Maintain the print head of the thermal transfer printer
Although it is specially designed according to the application of the print head, the print head will still be worn or broken. For the print head, special considerations need to be given during installation and regular preventive maintenance, which is very helpful to extend the life of the print head.
The most likely cause of printhead damage is wear: the intrusion of air particles or rough substrate surfaces. Therefore, the life of the print head varies greatly depending on the substrate material and the application.
The thermal transfer ribbon will protect the print head from abrasion. The use of ribbons of different widths and rough substrates may cause unused and unprotected parts of the print head to wear and damage. Generally, rough substrates have preprinted ink. In particular, some red inks may be rougher than others.
The operation steps of all thermal conductivity printers are as follows:
• Clean the print head regularly. The frequency of cleaning depends entirely on the specific application and environment.
• In order to minimize the wear of the print head, the minimum that can provide acceptable print quality is usually adopted pressure.
2. Clean the print head of the thermal transfer printer
The print head should be cleaned regularly. The frequency of cleaning depends on the use of the device, the operating environment, and the choice of thermal transfer ribbon.
1. Turn off the controller and remove the ribbon.
2. To avoid the possibility of thermal conduction vibration damage, cool the print head temperature to normal room temperature before continuing printing.
3. Use a cotton ball or soft cloth soaked in isopropyl alcohol to remove any residue from the print head. Note that the use of isopropyl alcohol solution should not be excessive. The print line is diagonally diagonal to the print head.
Please be careful not to damage the print head during cleaning. When cleaning the print head, under no circumstances should materials or tools with rough surfaces (such as screwdrivers) be used.
Replace the ribbon and check the print quality. If the overall quality is poor or some dot matrix is not printed, you may need to adjust or replace the print head.